Note that Hydroxychloroquine Teva (hydroxychloroquine sulfate Teva 200 mg) is a generic drug of Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) and is indicated for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria due to plasmodium falciparum, plasmodium malariae, plasmodium ovale, and plasmodium vivax. It is also indicated for the prophylaxis of malaria in geographic areas where chloroquine resistance is not reported. The precise mechanism by which hydroxychloroquine exhibits activity against plasmodium is not known. Hydroxychloroquine, like chloroquine, is a weak base and may exert its effect by concentrating in the acid vesicles of the parasite and by inhibiting polymerization of heme. It can also inhibit certain enzymes by its interaction with DNA.
This medication is available in capsule form each containing 200mg.
Please note that this medicine may have also been approved in other regions than the ones we’ve listed. If you have a question about its approval in a specific country feel free to contact our support team.
Use of hydroxychloroquine sulfate is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to 4-aminoquinoline compounds. Use with caution in patients with gastrointestinal, neurological, or blood disorders, and in those with a sensitivity to quinine.
Some serious and common side effects listed in the prescribing information include..
- bone marrow failure
- irreversible retinopathy
Please refer to the summary of product characteristics below and in the resource section for comprehensive information about the safety and effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine Teva (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) for the approved indication…..
- Full prescribing information [FDA]: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) [PDF], Concordia, June 2018.
- Full prescribing information [FDA]: Hydroxychloroquine Teva (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) [PDF], Teva, Nov 2017.
- Public assessment report [CBG, NL]: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [PDF], College Ter Beoordeling van Geneesmiddelen, Jan 2019.
- Product information [TGA]: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)[PDF], Sanofi-Aventis, December 2019.
- Product monograph [Health Canada]: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)[PDF], Sanofi-Aventis, August 2019.
- Product detail [Medsafe]: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)[PDF], Sanofi-Aventis, December 2018.
30pcs, 60pcs, 90pcs